Friday 8 September 2017

Vine Harvest Festival


I am gutted that I am going to miss Karaova's third Grape Harvest Festival. The first one was wonderful, read about it here. The second one not so good as the organisers bowed to the demands of shop keepers in Mumcular and held it in the streets - not a good idea.  But this year it has moved back to the park and should be a fantastic week-end of food and crafty delights. All my Turkish food blogger friends will be there and even Joy from My Travelling Joys is flying in from London for it.   The festival starts with a procession in Bodrum this evening and then opens at 10 am in The Mustafa Kalem Park in Mumcular on Saturday.   If you go and take some good photographs send them to me at backtobodrum@gmail.com and I'll put them up on the blog. 


10 comments:

  1. Saw that Joy was flying in for this. Would've been nice to pop along and see what it's all about. :) Lots of friends over in Fethiye at the moment, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... and the weather is looking perfect for it ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where would we (I) be without grapes or derivatives thereof!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds amazing, amazing well done to Bodrum and surroundings, how I wished to be there xx

    ReplyDelete