Thursday 31 August 2017

Bloggers meet up.


One of the best bits of writing a blog is meeting up with other bloggers. Jay, who pens Roving Jay and The Bodrum Peninsula Guide, messaged me last week to say she was heading out my way for brunch at Etrim and asked if I'd like to join her, Neale and Tracey for a late breakfast. The nicest invites are the ones that involve a quick drive from home, good food and fun company so Jake and I left home at 10:45 and arrived at 10:53 on the dot.


Daffy the Dog was there to meet us as usual but unfortunately Jake wasn't in a friendly mood so poor Daffy got growled and barked at until we finished eating and left the table.  I assume Jake thought that two bloggers at the table needed a lot of protecting.  I fear Jake is turning into a grumpy old man at 5 years old.


As well as eating too much, there was an opportunity to snap some photos through an open window - this young lady enjoying her water melon is my favourite.

There are a lot of links in this post but its fun to hark back to previous posts and if you click on Tracey's link you will see how we met up for the first time.


13 comments:

  1. Aww, always lovely to meet up with fellow bloggers. Was great to meet you in April. Must meet up with Jay, too, next time we're in Bodrum, if she's around. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well we were toying with a Bloggers long week end. Are you in?

      Delete
    2. Yes I think 2018 would be a good year to start the official Turkey Bloggers Convention.... I'm in!

      Delete
  2. How lovely to meet up...in such beautiful surroundings. And yes, watermelon girl is delightful! Axxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay and Neale are often on the other side of the Atlantic so opportunities have been few.

      Delete
  3. I trust Jay was in good spirits. She wasn't able to make our blogger's convention this year when she in our part of the jungle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be in your part of the jungle again really soon Jack ... so the Bloggers Convention is back on again!

      Delete
  4. so, what do you call that - a 'posting of bloggers'?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See above. Can we tempt you to a S W Turkey Bloggers' long week end?

      Delete
    2. I dubbed it a Bluster of Bloggers when I heard about a Blogger's get together years ago between Annie and Jack Scott from Perking the Pansies ... here's the poem I wrote in honor of that meeting:

      A Bluster of Bloggers just blew into town.
      Riding blank pages, with corners turned down.
      Spill words on the floor amid sawdust and spit.
      Articulate lines full of merriment and wit.
      It’s completely impossible, for a paragraph to stay.
      Cuz, 2 sheets to the wind, they all blow away.
      The Bluster of Bloggers just blew into town.
      Now they wish …. they’d written it all down!

      Delete
  5. B to B, Love the photo of the young lady. The colors are gorgeous. I think Jake is jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How fun! Big bummer that I'm going to miss you in Bodrum this weekend! Timing is everything. ;)

    ReplyDelete