Friday 28 July 2017

Losing Touch


I have spent the best part of the past 40 hours looking for my sunglasses.  I have tidied the kitchen, re-ordered my wardrobe and shelves, sorted through my bathroom cupboard,  folded and put away my clean washing and swept under beds and sofas in my search for them.  I have even emptied the kitchen bin, bit by bit, to no avail.  I was beginning to suspect the dog had eaten them. About 30 minutes ago, I gave up searching as there was nowhere else to look and decided it was time to write my blog.  As I plugged my camera in to charge, I popped the memory card on the nearest flat surface and guess what.. I have walked past this speaker countless times in the past two days. My house guests who were probably fed up with hearing me moan about my lost lenses, have sat less that 2 metres away - how come we all missed seeing what was in front of us?
I think a study is called for - ' The impact of continuous seismic activity on the human brain.'

(There have been two rumbles while I've been sitting at the computer)

21 comments:

  1. I lose things so often and end up blitzing the house searching. And yes often mislaid items are right under your nose. I'm almost starting to believe there's a kind of gremlin who hides these things and then puts them in full view when you're not looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well ... perhaps they only just turned up there ... what with Jake trying to eat his way through a Venetian blind ... me and my strange insect bite ... perhaps seismic activity causes funny goings-on ... glad you found them though ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have to accept that we are as blind as bats even with our glasses on

      Delete
  3. B to B, If that were so, I hope I'm not unlucky enough to experience the kind of shaking you got. I already lose my sunglasses on an almost daily basis. Thanks for the warning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in the same predicament Annie. Only I haven't found mine tablet yet. I have searched the house several times as well as both cars. I told my daughter when I find it I am going to jump up and down on it and put it in the trash can lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. By the way glad you found them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least you have a plausible excuse. M brother calls me wonder woman. At first I thought is was a compliment, he saw me as a superhero. He wasn't like ng deflating my balloon. " I wonder where my keys are, I wonder where my phone is, I wonder where....Wonder Woman.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Think of the silver lining and all those chores you got done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trouble with cleaning is that after a couple of days, it looks like you haven't done it

      Delete
  8. losing glasses is easy-peasy - my problem is marbles!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am always loosing things too - sometimes it does my head in. I write myself a note to remind me of things I need to do and achieve, put it in a safe place, and then I cannot find it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember the last time I managed to take my shopping list to the shops

      Delete
  10. I am with you!! glad you found it :) Ozlem

    ReplyDelete
  11. Same glasses that you left in an office in Bodrum when we were there? What you need is to have them on a chain round your neck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Nowhere to attach a chain. But you've given me an idea about a magnet on a broach.

      Delete