Tuesday 31 July 2012

Serendipity

YouTube
This film from 2006 turned up on Facebook today.  It's a timely reminder that I'm feeling quite homesick. Sweden is very tidy and organised and after 4 weeks of order, politeness and reserve, I'm ready for a return to the illogical, loud and edgy world I came from. If you watch the film, you'll hear Don and Sanne explain how they came to Bodrum in the 1970s and why they are still there. If you haven't visited yet, this might tempt you to come and have a look.

9 comments:

  1. I could do with a bit of tidiness and organisation as I look around the room and see the boxed chaos that surrounds me. You're off to Scotland, aren't you? Think on the bright side, you can pick up some cling film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bottle of red wine will be the first thing I pick up

      Delete
  2. Lovely film. It's so interesting how kısmet changed Don and Sanne's lives. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. would love to watch it but lack the bandwidth for video - Oh well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been struggling here to watch YouTube but in Turkey I watch Tv programs. Are you with Ttnet?

      Delete
  4. The film looks good so far...I've only seen a few minutes, and will wait for my husband to get home and we will watch it tonight together.
    Hope you are still having a good time in Sweden but I know how you can get homesick.
    What is cling film???? is that like Saran Wrap.....because when my sister in law comes to visit she takes a 1000 foot roll home with her to Izmir.
    Thanks for sharing the film. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep meaning to mention that a friend of mine is currently in Sweden and blogging about her experiences living there. She is Swedish originally but lived in the UK for much of her life. Comparing her experience of Sweden to yours is interesting.
    She's in Bottnyard (I hope I have spelled that right)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My ancient computer can't download this You Tube file
    Derek.

    ReplyDelete